The Class of 2018 have achieved some outstanding HSC results. It is terrific to see what constant effort and consistency across subjects can achieve and the boys have notched up a good number of personal bests. Often the best results are actually not those who achieve a Band 6, but those students who have worked hard to improve themselves over many years. Our society does not value these students highly enough, but we want them to know that they are valued at Wollemi College.
● 22 students sat a total of 120 examinations
● A substantial amount of students (85%) scored Band 5 and 6 results
● 26 Band 6s or E4s (90% or above) were achieved. That is 21.6% of our course results, likely placing Wollemi in the top 60 schools in NSW.
● 76 Band 5s or E3s (80% or above), 63.3% of our total course results.
● Phillip Kristyono features on the Premiers All Rounders list, where you need Band 6 in 10 units or more. Phillip scored a band 6 in all subjects entered.
● Top mark : Joshua Lay, 99 in General Maths
● 13 out of 20 Subjects achieved Band 6 results, and 12 students out of 22 scored a band 6 result in at least one subject.
● 18 out of 20 subjects were above State average.
|Band 6 or E4 performances Course||Number of Band 6 or E4 performances||% in Band 6 or E4 at Wollemi||% in Band 6 or E4 in State|
|Design and Tech||1||100||11.79|
|English Extension 1||5||100||37.83|
|Ext 1 Math||2||40||32.84|
|Ext 2 Math||1||33.33||33.19|
There were also strong Band 5 and E3 performances. These contribute to high ATARS.
|Band 5 or E3 performances Course||Number of Band 5 or E3 performances|
|English Extension 2||2|
|Mathematics 2 Unit||2|
|Mathematics Ext 1||3|
|Mathematics Ext 2||2|
There are many individual success stories amongst the 2018 results that do not appear in the rankings. These boys have also given their personal best and we congratulate all of them. The HSC is a long and gruelling race and all finishers are to be thoroughly commended.