Pope Francis proposes 15 acts of charity for Lent
1. A Smile! A Christian is always full of laughter and happiness!
2. Listen to someone else’s story with love, not judgment.
3. Always be thankful (even when you don’t “have to”)
4. Remember to tell others how much you love them.
5. Help out when it’s needed so others can rest.
6. Greet people you see every day with a smile..
7. Speak to your parents over the phone or through other means.
8. Stop to help. Be aware of who needs your help
9. Pick out what you don’t use and give it away to someone in need.
10. Correct others using love, rather than fear.
11. Clean up after yourself at home.
12. Notice details.
13. Help others overcome obstacles.
14. Lift someone’s spirits.
15. Celebrate other people’s success.
“To live charitably means not looking out for our own interests, but carrying the burdens of the weakest and poorest among us.” – Pope Francis